Teaching Assistant Vacancy - October 2019
Post: Teaching Assistant Level 1
Pay Range: A1/B1 - £17,364 to £19,171 pro-rata term time only
Contract type: Temporary until August 2020 in the first instance
Hours: 22.5 hours per week. Flexible hours to include a lunchtime duty (12-1.00pm)
Westbrook Lane is a friendly, popular and successful school. We are looking to appoint an excellent, committed and enthusiastic teaching assistant to work alongside class teachers throughout school. The role will involve working with children throughout the primary phase. Experience of delivering literacy interventions and supporting phonics development is desirable.
The successful candidate will:
- be able to motivate and engage learners
- have experience of working in school supporting children’s access to learning through interventions and small group support
- a good understanding of the development of early reading skills
- demonstrate a positive, proactive approach to behaviour management
- have good organisational and communication skills
- work effectively in a team and build positive relationships children, parents and external agencies
We will offer:
- a successful school with a positive and inclusive ethos
- the opportunity to work with enthusiastic and friendly children
- a senior leadership team who value staff wellbeing and will support you in your role
- a warm and welcoming school community
- a commitment to your professional development with opportunities to access in-house training and external courses where applicable
Westbrook Lane is committed to safer recruitment and appointments are made subject to satisfactory references. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure Barring Service Check.
We promote diversity and want a workforce which reflects the population of Leeds.
Closing date: 9am Friday 25th October 2019
Interviews w/c: 11th November 2019 (Wednesday 13th November TBC)
Please click here for the job description.
Please click here for the application form.
Please send completed application forms to email@example.com or post directly to Westbook Lane Primary School